What’s up, foodies – it’s your boy GaryVee here, and I’m about to take your taste buds to a whole new level with my latest recipe. Join me on this culinary adventure as we dive into the world of hard boiled eggs made in an Instant Pot.
Now let me tell you, I know what you’re thinking: hard boiled eggs are just plain eggs, how can they be exciting? But trust me, once you try this recipe, you will never go back to cooking them on a stove top ever again. With just five minutes of cook time and three minutes of natural release, you get perfect hard boiled eggs every time without any guesswork.
No more overcooked yolks or rubbery whites – this Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe guarantees eggs with a perfectly cooked yolk and a tender white. Oh, and did I mention it has an easy peel recipe too? That’s right! No more struggling with tiny pieces of shell that stick to the egg; these beauties just slip right out.
So come on board and let’s get started with some delicious Instant Pot hard boiled eggs using my 5-5-5 method instructions. Trust me; it’s going to change your game in the kitchen.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of undercooked, overcooked or just plain difficult to peel hard boiled eggs? Look no further! This Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe is a game changer. Say goodbye to the old-fashioned methods of boiling water and timing your eggs just right. The Instant Pot takes all the guesswork out of making perfect hard boiled eggs.
What makes this recipe so special? First of all, it takes only 5 minutes of high pressure cooking followed by a quick release of pressure and a 5 minutes natural release. This results in cooked eggs with a creamy yolk and tender egg white. Secondly, this recipe guarantees easy-to-peel eggs every time thanks to the ice bath phase which stops the cooking process and helps to separate the membrane from the shell. Trust me, this method is foolproof!
Furthermore, this recipe calls for only two ingredients: eggs and water, making it incredibly simple and affordable. You don’t need any special equipment, just your trusty Instant Pot, which almost everyone has in their kitchen nowadays. Plus, with the Instant Pot being hands-off during the cooking process, it gives you the freedom to do other things.
Are you on a tight schedule in the morning? Cook up a batch of these eggs ahead of time and enjoy them as a quick breakfast or snack throughout the week. Add them to sandwiches or salads or sprinkle some salt and pepper for a savory snack.
In conclusion, this Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe is fast, easy, foolproof and simply delicious. So why not give it a try today? Your taste buds will surely thank you!
Let’s start by gathering all the ingredients needed for this Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe! You will only need three ingredients: eggs, water and ice.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you’ve gathered your ingredients and prepped your Instant Pot, it’s time to get started with the recipe how-to.
- Begin by adding 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Place eggs on a trivet, then carefully place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set it to pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot do its job and wait until it reaches full pressure, which typically takes about 5 minutes.
- Once the 5-minute timer is up, allow for natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath by filling a bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- After the 5 minutes of natural pressure release have passed, Quick Release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and use tongs or a spoon to transfer the eggs from Instant Pot to ice bath.
- Let them sit there for at least 3 minutes before peeling them.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t forget to use a trivet when cooking the eggs to avoid direct contact with bottom of InstantPot that can burst due to steam building up internally in each egg.
- For best results, use eggs that are at room temperature so they cook evenly.
- The 5-5-5 method is crucial in this recipe – 5 minutes to cook under high pressure, 5 minutes of natural pressure release, and 5 minutes soaking in an ice bath. This ensures that you have successfully cooked hard boiled eggs that are easy-peel!
- If you live in high altitude areas (>3000 ft above sea level), increase cooking time by additional 2-3 minutes with same measurements.
Using these directions, you will have perfect hard boiled eggs every time. Don’t be tempted to up the cooking time or you may end up with overcooked eggs. If you’re making a large batch, consider increasing the Instant Pot’s cooking time by an additional minute or two.
Substitutions and Variations
Now, let’s talk about some fun substitutions and variations you can try with this Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe.
– Soft Boiled Eggs: If you prefer your eggs with a slightly softer texture, reduce the cook time to 3-4 minutes and follow it up with a quick release of pressure. You’ll have perfectly cooked soft boiled eggs!
– Steamed Eggs: Change things up by steaming instead of boiling your eggs. Fill the Instant Pot with a cup of water and use a trivet to place your eggs on top. Cook for 6 minutes on high pressure and follow it up with a natural release of pressure for 5 minutes. Then, transfer the eggs to an ice bath.
– Poached Eggs: Use this recipe as a base for making delicious poached eggs. Just crack the eggs into small ramekins or silicone cups, add water to the Instant Pot pot, and carefully lower the egg-filled cups onto the trivet. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes and then quick release the pressure. Carefully remove the cups from the Instant Pot and enjoy!
– Egg Salad: Using hard boiled eggs in an egg salad is a classic recipe that everyone loves. Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chopped celery, onion, salt, pepper, and paprika to your cooled hard boiled eggs and mix well.
– Deviled Eggs: For an elevated appetizer, make delicious deviled eggs by slicing the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and removing the yolks. Mix the egg yolks with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, relish, salt, pepper, and paprika. Spoon or pipe the mixture back into each egg white half.
Get creative with these substitutions and variations to keep things fun in the kitchen!
Serving and Pairing
These hard boiled eggs are perfect for so many different dishes! Slice one in half and sprinkle with a little salt for a quick snack, or throw it into your salad for added protein.
You can also use these perfectly cooked boiled eggs in recipes like deviled eggs, Cobb salad, or as a topping on avocado toast. The possibilities are endless!
If you’re looking for an Asian twist, try pairing these hard boiled eggs with some soy sauce or sesame oil. You can even slice them up and add them to your noodle soup for an extra kick of flavor.
For a more traditional approach, cut these hard boiled eggs into slices and use them as a garnish for your favorite sandwiches or burgers.
These eggs are incredibly versatile, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different recipes and flavor combinations. No matter how you serve them, they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you’re cooking hard-boiled eggs in advance for meal prep or making a big batch for a party, you’re all set! These Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. Once the eggs have cooled down after cooking, transfer them to an air-tight container and then store them in the fridge.
When it comes to reheating these eggs, I recommend reheating on the stovetop or in the microwave. To warm them up in a microwave, place the peeled boiled egg in a microwave-safe dish with a little bit of water (about 1 tablespoon) and cover it with a damp paper towel. Reheat in 10-second intervals until they are heated through.
If microwaves aren’t your thing, you can reheat these eggs on the stove. Simply place a couple of eggs in rapidly boiling water for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until they are heated through. You need to make sure that you’re not overcooking these pre-boiled eggs as they will become rubbery.
Tip: Regardless of which reheating method you prefer, it is important to only reheat what you plan to eat as opposed to reheating and cooling down more than once as this could lead to foodborne illness. So enjoy these Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs within the recommended storage time for the best results!
Tips for Perfect Results
Cooking hard boiled eggs may seem like an easy task, but the truth is that it can be tricky to get it just right. Fear not, as I am sharing some tips with you that will help you achieve perfect results every time.
Firstly, use eggs that are at least a week old. Fresh eggs might taste great when fried or scrambled, but they don’t peel easily after being boiled. As eggshells have microscopic pores that allow air to pass through, over time the egg loses moisture, creating an air pocket between the shell and membrane of the egg. This space makes it easier to peel the eggshell from the cooked egg.
Next up, make sure you have enough water in your Instant Pot. Use at least one cup of water to provide enough steam for the eggs to cook evenly. For one dozen eggs, adjust the amount of water depending on your Instant Pot’s size.
Before pressure cooking, allow your Instant Pot to heat up first. Rinse out the pot and add in one cup of water. After placing the eggs on a trivet inside the Instant Pot, close the lid tightly and set it to cook on high pressure for five minutes.
When setting your cook time, remember that a “5-5-5 method” works great for perfectly hard-boiled eggs: five minutes of high-pressure cooking followed by five minutes of natural release followed by five minutes in an ice bath.
After taking them out of the Instant Pot, immediately transfer them into a bowl with ice water to stop cooking and allow for easy peeling. The cold water contracts and pulls away from the egg’s membrane under the shell, making them easy to peel in seconds.
Another tip is to crack each egg gently by rolling it back and forth on a flat surface before peeling it. This helps separate the membrane from the shell and makes peeling easier.
Finally, if you’d like more texture variation in your boiled eggs, adjust the cooking time or pressure levels to your preferred softness or hardness. With these tips, you will always end up with the perfect hard-boiled eggs – every time, guaranteed.
Now, let’s move on to item number nine on our recipe article section – frequently asked questions (FAQ). I’ve prepared some questions for you that may come up as you start making perfect hard-boiled eggs in your Instant Pot. Keep reading to avoid problems during preparation and have perfect results every time!
How long to cook a hard boiled egg in the Instant Pot?
To cook eggs in an Instant Pot, first, lay them in one layer on the rack. Next, seal the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam valve. Then, set the Instant Pot to manual or pressure cook mode, and adjust the high pressure setting. Finally, use the +/- button on the control panel to set the cooking time to 5 minutes.
What is the 5 5 5 method for eggs?
Remembering this recipe is as easy as remembering a code, but it’s not a secret one. It’s the 5-5-5 method, which includes 5 minutes of pressure cooking, 5 minutes of allowing the pressure to release naturally before opening the lid, and finally, 5 minutes in an ice-water bath.
Why are my Instant Pot eggs hard to peel?
One helpful tip to make peeling eggs easier is to soak them in an ice bath for at least 5 minutes, but up to 10 minutes is even better. This will not only stop the cooking process, but also loosen the shell. The longer the eggs sit in the ice bath, the easier they will be to peel later on.
What is the secret to hard-boiled eggs?
To make hard boiled eggs, bring a pot of water to a gentle boil. Carefully place the desired number of eggs in the water and let them cook for 6 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat. Once done, remove the eggs from the pot using a slotted spoon and immediately submerge them in a large bowl of ice water. Alternatively, place them under cool running water until they have fully cooled down. This will prevent them from overcooking and also make them easier to peel.
In conclusion, this Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs recipe is a game changer that you absolutely have to try! It’s quick, easy, and the results are consistently perfect. No more guesswork and no more wasted eggs!
This recipe truly showcases the power of the Instant Pot when it comes to cooking eggs. The 5-5-5 method guarantees perfect hard boiled eggs every time. Plus, the easy peel recipe is a game changer if you’ve ever struggled with peeling hard boiled eggs.
Not only is this recipe quick and easy, it also allows for substitutions and variations. You can adjust the cook times to your liking or add any seasonings you desire. And don’t forget about soft boiled eggs, steamed eggs, and even poached eggs – all possible with this incredible kitchen appliance!
The Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs recipe is perfect for meal prepping or making a quick protein-packed snack. Make-ahead, store and reheat according to the instructions provided in this article. Whether you enjoy hard boiled eggs in your salad or as a healthy snack on-the-go, this recipe has got you covered.
So why wait? Grab your Instant Pot, some eggs and water – and get cooking with me! With just a few simple steps, you’ll have perfect hard boiled eggs every time. Trust me, once you try it out, you’ll never look back.
Instant Pot Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 -12 egg
- Pour water into inner pot and place pot in the Instant Pot.
- Put the steamer rack into the bottom of the pot.
- Carefully add one to twelve eggs to the pot.
- Set cooker for high pressure for five minutes.
- Let eggs sit in pot for five minutes at the end of the timed cooking.
- Release pressure and put eggs in an ice water bath for five minutes.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You