Attention all foodies and culinary enthusiasts – gear up for an enticing and easy-to-make recipe! I’m thrilled to share my Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub recipe, which is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at every dinner, lunch or gathering. Mastering this recipe will elevate your culinary prowess in the kitchen, and leave your family and friends craving for more! Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the perfect blend of garlic herb rub, juicy pork tenderloin, spices and broth – all cooked swiftly in the Instant Pot.
When you’re looking for something quick and nourishing for a weeknight dinner or preparing for a special gathering, this recipe is a no-brainer. It’s ideal for those who love wholesome meals without compromising on flavor or compromising on their time. This dish puts a twist on classic pork tenderloin by combining savory herbs and seasonings with flavorful cooking styles, making it the go-to dish when you’re in a rush yet still want to impress your guests.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create the perfect Garlic Herb Rub Pork Tenderloin using my step-by-step instructions that are sure to guide you through an easy yet delightful experienece. So let’s get started and show off your skills in the kitchen by dazzling your guests with one of the most mouth-watering pork dishes out there!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of making the same old pork tenderloin recipe but want to try something new and exciting? Look no further than this instant pot pork tenderloin with garlic herb rub recipe! Trust me, once you try it, you’ll be hooked.
What sets this recipe apart from the rest is the garlic herb rub. This simple yet flavorful blend of garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, black pepper, and seasoning salt gives the pork an incredible flavor that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. And cooking it in an instant pot not only saves time, it also ensures that the meat remains juicy and tender.
Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s also versatile. You can easily change up the flavors by adjusting the amounts of each spice or adding in your own preferred ingredients. The options are endless!
Plus, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or last-minute dinner guests since it only takes 30 minutes to cook. And if you have any leftovers, they make great sandwiches for lunch the next day.
So why not give this instant pot pork tenderloin with garlic herb rub recipe a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
Here is the ingredient list you will need for this Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Garlic Herb Rub Recipe:
- 2 – 3 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Garlic Herb Rub:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
For the Cornstarch Slurry:
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
Note: All ingredients are easily available at any grocery store.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have all the ingredients sorted out, let’s get started! Following these simple steps will help you create a delicious and juicy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub.
Step 1: Prepare the pork
- Trim any excess fat from the pork tenderloin, leaving a thin layer intact to retain moisture.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper all over.
Step 2: Make the garlic herb rub
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of dried parsley, ½ tsp of onion powder, ½ tsp of black pepper, ½ tsp of seasoning salt and set aside.
Step 3: Cook the tenderloin
- Set the Instant Pot to “Saute” mode and heat until “Hot.” Add a tablespoon of olive oil and brown the seasoned pork on all sides.
- Pour in 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth and scrape off any browned bits.
- Drizzle the prepared garlic herb rub onto the tenderloin, using your hands to spread it evenly all over.
- Add some chopped carrots around the pork for additional flavor (optional).
- Close the lid and ensure that the valve is set to “Sealing.” Change the setting to “Pressure Cook” on high for 8 minutes.
- Once done, allow for a natural release for about 10 minutes before opening the vent to release any remaining pressure.
Step 4: Thicken the sauce
- Remove the pork from Instant Pot and transfer it to a cutting board. Use foil to tent and rest it for about 5 minutes.
- Select “Saute” mode again in pressure cookers with this feature. Then simmer down some sauce by adding a slurry made from mixing a tbsp of cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water in a separate small bowl. Gradually add it to the pot with 2 tbsp of honey and 3 tbsp of ketchup. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the sauce is thickened to your preference.
Step 5: Serve, garnish and enjoy!
- Slice the pork into medallions (thickness is up to you) and drizzle with the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or green onions and serve piping hot with your favorite sides – mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables or steamed rice are all excellent options.
Substitutions and Variations
This Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub recipe offers endless possibilities for substitutions and variations to suit different tastes and dietary needs. Let’s take a look at some of the options:
– Pork Roast: If you can’t find pork tenderloin, you can use a pork roast instead. Keep in mind that a larger cut of meat will require adjustments in cooking time.
– Italian Seasoning: You can swap out the dried parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder for Italian seasoning blend for a more herbaceous profile.
– Chicken Broth: If you don’t have low-sodium chicken broth on hand, you can use regular chicken broth or even water.
– Minced Garlic: Fresh garlic is always best, but if you’re pressed for time, you can use jarred minced garlic instead.
– Carrots: Feel free to experiment with other veggies in this recipe. Sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and green beans all pair well with pork.
– Honey Alternative: If you prefer not to use honey in your cooking, consider swapping it out for agave syrup or maple syrup.
– Low-Calorie Option: To cut down on calories, omit the cornstarch slurry at the end and let the sauce reduce naturally. You could also skip the ketchup and use tomato paste plus a splash of vinegar or soy sauce for umami.
No matter what substitutions or variations you choose, always keep in mind that this Garlic Herb Pork Tenderloin recipe is meant to be adaptable to your own preferences. Use it as a base and get creative!
Serving and Pairing
There are many different ways to serve and pair Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Garlic Herb Rub. This flavorful dish goes well with a variety of sides, and can be customized to suit your tastes.
For those who love vegetables, consider serving this pork tenderloin with a side of roasted root vegetables, such as carrots or parsnips. The natural sweetness of the vegetables pairs perfectly with the savory garlic herb rub on the pork. You could also opt for a simple side salad, or even roasted Brussels sprouts.
If you’re looking for something heartier, consider serving this dish with a starch like mashed potatoes or rice. The sauce that is created in the Instant Pot is perfect for spooning over these sides, creating a truly delicious meal.
Another delicious option is to slice the pork tenderloin thin and use it to create sandwiches or wraps. Add some crispy lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes, and you’ve got a tasty lunch option that’s perfect for taking on the go.
In terms of pairing drinks with this dish, try a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir or even a crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc. A cold beer would also work well to cut through the richness of the pork.
No matter how you choose to serve it, Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Garlic Herb Rub is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Its versatility means that it’s an incredible addition to any dinner party menu, weekday meal plan or any other occasion that requires an impressive yet fuss-free recipe.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Making this Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub recipe ahead of time and storing it for later is a great option. It allows you to have a delicious meal even on busy days. Here are some tips for make-ahead, storing and reheating this dish:
Make-Ahead: The pork tenderloin can be cooked up to 2 days in advance and then stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also prepare the garlic herb rub ahead of time, store it in an airtight container or a sealed Ziploc bag for up to 2 weeks.
Storing: Leftover pork tenderloin can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Make sure to allow it to cool down completely before storing it, so that bacteria doesn’t have a chance to grow on it.
Reheating: To reheat the pork tenderloin, slice it into thin pieces and place them into an ovenproof dish with some of the leftover juices from the Instant Pot. Cover the dish with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Alternatively, you can place the sliced pork tenderloin into a microwave-safe dish, sprinkle some water over it and cover it with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for about 1 minute or until heated through.
These reheating methods will help retain the tenderness and delicious flavor of the pork tenderloin. So go ahead and make this recipe ahead of time, store it properly and reheat it perfectly every time for a consistently tasty meal!
Tips for Perfect Results
Do you often end up with overcooked or dry pork when cooking in a pressure cooker? Don’t fret! Here are some tips to ensure you have the perfect Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub every time.
1. Use the Instant Pot correctly:
Before starting, make sure that your Instant Pot is functioning properly. Check if the sealing ring is in place and clean vents and valves regularly. To avoid burning your pork, always add liquid to the pot before cooking.
2. Choose the right cut of pork:
While this recipe calls for pork tenderloin, you can also use a pork loin or even boneless pork chops but keep in mind that the cooking times will vary depending on the cut. For best results, choose a fresh cut of meat that has minimal fat and is no more than 2 inches thick.
3. Let the Pork Rest:
After removing the Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub from the Instant Pot, let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing it. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat evenly.
4. Add Veggies:
To enhance the flavor of your dish and diffuse more moisture into your cooking ingredients, add some veggies like carrots, potatoes, or green beans on top of your Pork Tenderloin before cooking.
5. Adjust seasoning to taste:
The Garlic Herb Rub gives incredible flavor to this recipe but don’t be afraid to adjust it according to your preference: add more salt for a saltier taste or more honey for a sweeter one. Just remember to taste test as you go!
By following these simple tips, you can be sure that every time you cook this recipe, your Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub will turn out perfectly tender and full of flavor!
As you prepare to try out this instant pot pork tenderloin with garlic herb rub recipe, it’s essential to clear any doubt and questions you might have about the process. In this segment of the article, I’ve compiled some frequently asked questions that are aimed at leaving you with a better understanding of the recipe. So, read on to learn more about preparing an incredible dish using your instant pot.
How to cook Smithfield garlic and herb pork tenderloin?
To cook a delicious pork loin, you can either roast it in the oven or grill it on charcoal or gas grill. For roasting, place the pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and cook it for 30 to 35 minutes per pound. On the other hand, for grilling, heat the grill for indirect cooking and maintain the temperature between 375°F to 400°F. Then, grill the pork loin filet for 30 to 40 minutes per pound, making sure to turn it occasionally for even cooking.
What herb combinations go best with pork?
Herbs are essential to enhance the taste of pork dishes. A blend of sage, coriander, thyme, fennel, dill, rosemary, chillies, and garlic can be used to flavour the meat or spice up the marinades. These herbs can also be added as rubs, added to crumbed coatings and used as butters for sauces, providing the perfect balance of flavours to tantalize your taste buds.
What is the best herb to cook with pork?
Herbs are an essential component of Vietnamese and Asian cuisine, as they add an unforgettable depth of flavor to any dish. Tarragon, with its delicate and wispy leaves, offers a sweet licorice essence that can take a dish to another level. Sage, with its soft oval leaves, should not be eaten raw as they can be extremely tough and bitter. Cilantro is a green, thin and leafy herb that boasts a striking flavor. Parsley is a common herb with varied frilly leaves. Dill, with its feathery leaves, adds a burst of freshness to any meal. Oregano, with its tiny leaves, is a staple in many Italian dishes. Rosemary is an herb that adds an unmistakable fragrance to both meat and vegetable dishes. Finally, thyme is a compact herb that offers a subtle sweetness and an earthy flavor.
Why is my pork tough in Instant Pot?
Have you ever noticed that your pork roast isn’t quite as tender as you’d like it to be when cooked in the Instant Pot? Fear not! The solution lies within a longer cook time. It’s important to keep in mind that the cook time will vary based on the size of the pork roast, as a larger roast will require more time to cook thoroughly.
Well folks, I hope you’re convinced that this Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub recipe is the real deal! The combination of garlic and herb rub gives an incredible taste to truly elevate your pork tenderloin game. And the best part? You only need one pot and twenty minutes per pound to simply cook delicious pork in your Instant Pot.
So why not make this dish tonight for a delicious dinner that’s sure to impress? Serve it with some roasted vegetables, garlic butter or balsamic glaze and get ready to taste the magic of this delightful meal.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family so they can also experience the greatness of this instant pot pork tenderloin recipe.
Thank you for reading, happy cooking!
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Garlic Herb Rub Recipe
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (I used a ketchup made with honey instead of sugar)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place the trivet in the instant pot and add chicken broth and balsamic vinegar.
- Trim silver skin from the side of the tenderloin. Cut in half and place on the trivet in the instant pot or pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, parsley, seasoning salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Sprinkle half over tenderloin in instant pot. Flip and sprinkle remaining seasoning over top.
- Place lid on instant pot and turn the valve to sealing. Select manual, high pressure (the default), and set timer to 7 minutes for fresh pork or 10 minutes for partially frozen or 13 minutes for frozen pork. This will be medium well done. If you like it rare you only need 3 to 5 minutes for fresh pork.
- When the cook time is done, turn the instant pot off and let pressure release naturally for 8 to 10 minutes. Open the lid and remove the trivet with the pork on it and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the glaze. Do not drain the liquid.
- To make the glaze: Turn the instant ot to saute and add the honey and ketchup. Stir together the water and cornstarch and whisk into the instant pot. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until thick and bubbly. Taste and adjust seasoning or sweetness to taste.