Welcome, my foodie friends, to my latest dish: Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes Recipe. This scrumptious recipe is perfect for any mealtime of the day, whether you’re cooking brunch for your family or hosting a dinner party with friends. Get ready to step up your potato game with this easy-to-make and flavorful recipe!
Potatoes are a versatile ingredient that can turn a simple meal into something outstanding. With this recipe, you will get that amazing roasted flavor without having to spend hours in the kitchen. It only takes 15 minutes (yes, you read that right) from pot to plate with this Instant Pot method. There’s no need to use an air fryer or wait for your oven to preheat.
Not only is the cook time quick but using an instant pot pressure cooker guarantees that every element of this dish will be perfectly cooked through. The potatoes come out with a crispy exterior and tender center, all in a hurry! Plus, the addition of aromatic spices and fresh herbs make this recipe hard to resist.
I especially recommend this recipe during those colder fall and winter months when hearty comfort meals reign supreme. Roasted potatoes always feel comforting and homey, no matter what you serve them with. They work perfectly alongside roasted chicken or savory steak dishes, eggs or as a delicious side by themselves.
So, let’s get started on crafting these delectable Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Hey there, foodies! I’m excited to share with you my latest recipe – Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes! You’re going to love this recipe, and here’s why.
First of all, who doesn’t love roasted potatoes? They’re crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle, making them a perfect side dish for any meal. And using an Instant Pot takes this classic dish to a whole new level. You’ll get perfectly cooked potatoes in just 15 minutes of pressure cook time!
But what makes this recipe truly special is the addition of parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, chives, rosemary, cayenne pepper, black pepper, unsalted butter, and olive oil. These ingredients add so much flavor and depth to the potatoes that you won’t want to make them any other way!
Plus, with the option to use an air fryer basket or pot roast setting, you can customize how your potatoes come out. Want them extra crispy? Use the air fryer basket method! Looking for that perfect pot roasted texture? Use the pot roast setting!
And don’t forget about the added convenience of using an Instant Pot. You can boil your potatoes right in the pot instead of boiling them separately on the stove. It saves time and makes cleanup a breeze.
Trust me when I say that everyone at your next dinner party or family gathering will be raving about these amazing Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – you won’t regret it!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this mouth-watering instant pot roasted potatoes recipe:
- 2 pounds baby or small potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
Don’t worry if you don’t have some of these ingredients on hand. I’ve included some substitutions and variations in the next section that might work for you!
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s get cooking! Follow these simple steps to make the perfect Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes Recipe.
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh parsley, fresh chives, and fresh rosemary (for garnish)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Select sauté and add olive oil and butter to the Instant Pot. Once melted, add garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Add baby potatoes to the pot and gently mix so that each potato is evenly coated with the seasoning mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pot and secure the lid in place, turn valve to sealing position. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 5 minutes cook time.
- After the timer beeps, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Open the lid of your Instant Pot and switch back to sauté mode in order to allow any leftover liquid to cook off from the potatoes for about two minutes.
- Lastly, garnish with fresh herbs (parsley, chives, rosemary) and freshly grated parmesan cheese (if using).
Tips for Perfect Results:
- Make sure that all potatoes are a similar size so that they cook evenly.
- To avoid burning your potatoes, be sure to use a steamer basket before pressure cooking. This will keep your potatoes away from the heat source on the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- For a crispier texture, add your potatoes to an air fryer basket and cook at 375°F for 12 minutes.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes Variations
For a twist on this recipe, try swapping out baby potatoes for diced sweet potatoes. Keep all other ingredients and steps the same as this Instant Pot Roasted Sweet Potatoes recipe.
Q1: Can I use red potatoes or russet potatoes in this recipe?
A1: Yes, you can use any potato variety that you prefer.
Q2: Can I make these in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp?
A2: Yes! Simply follow the same method but select “air fry” instead of sauté after pressure cooking.
Q3: Can I use garlic butter instead of garlic powder and unsalted butter?
A3: Absolutely! This will give your roasted potatoes a richer flavor.
And that’s it! Enjoy your delicious Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes with family and friends or as a perfect side dish.
Substitutions and Variations
If you are looking for variations to make your instant pot roasted potatoes even more delightful, then look no further! Here are some substitutions and variations that will surely elevate this classic recipe to the next level:
– Cheese Lovers: Want to add a delicious twist to your roasted potatoes? Try sprinkling freshly grated parmesan cheese over them during the last few minutes of cooking for a delicious cheese-infused experience.
– Herb Garden: The aroma and flavor of fresh herbs cannot be beaten. Add chopped fresh parsley, chives, or rosemary to the potatoes prior to cooking or sprinkle them over the top afterwards for extra zing.
– Heat it Up: If you like your food with a bit of a kick, then try adding cayenne pepper or black pepper to the oil mixture before coating your potatoes. It will give your dish just the right amount of heat without overwhelming it.
– Butter is Better: For a touch of indulgence, substitute unsalted butter with garlic butter while coating the potatoes. This will add extra richness and flavor to your dish.
– Air Fryer Alternative: If you don’t have an Instant Pot but still want to make roast potatoes quickly, then try using an air fryer instead. It’s quick and easy and definitely adds that extra crunch factor.
No matter which variation you choose, there are plenty of ways to customize this recipe based on what you prefer. So get creative in your kitchen, experiment with different ingredients, and enjoy the deliciousness of these roasted potatoes in any way that works best for you!
Serving and Pairing
Get ready to indulge in a scrumptious meal! Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes are the perfect side dish to any main course, and they certainly warrant a prime spot on your dinner table. They are versatile and easy to pair with any protein-rich entree such as grilled chicken breast, pan-seared salmon, or oven-baked pork chops. You can also serve them alongside steak cuts like rib-eye or sirloin, creating an excellent balance of flavor and texture.
Once the Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes are cooked, sprinkle parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, chives, or rosemary over them to elevate their flavor profile. The parmesan cheese adds a sharp tanginess that complements the roasted potatoes’ savory taste. The fresh herbs bring out fragrant hints of woodsy flavors that fill your kitchen with warmth and comfort. If you love a little heat with your dish, sprinkle some cayenne pepper over the roasted potatoes!
The best way to enjoy Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes is to serve them hot and crispy straight from the Instant Pot. However, if you have leftovers or prefer to meal prep ahead of time, these roasted potatoes will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. You can reheat them using a microwave or an air fryer before serving.
Overall, Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes is versatile, healthy, and satisfyingly delicious. Experiment with different variations of this recipe by adding garlic butter, bacon bits, or sliced red onions for extra flavor and texture. The possibilities are endless!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about this Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes Recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and store it for later. This means that you can prepare a delicious side dish for your guests without having to worry about cooking everything at the last minute.
To make-ahead, follow the recipe instructions as usual and once the potatoes are cooked, let them cool down to room temperature. Once cooled, transfer them into an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When you’re ready to reheat the potatoes, preheat your oven to 400°F and transfer them onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Then place them in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until warm and crispy.
If you prefer to reheat them in the Instant Pot, add a little bit of water or chicken broth to the bottom of the pot before adding the potatoes. This will ensure that they don’t burn when reheating. Then turn on your Instant Pot and select the “Steam” function. Once it’s heated up, place your potatoes inside, close the lid, and cook on high pressure for about 5 minutes. Quick release once done and you’re all set!
No matter which method you choose, these Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes will still retain their delicious crunchiness and flavor despite being reheated.
If you have any leftovers after reheating, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. And if you’re planning on using leftovers for another dish or recipe, then consider mashing them up or frying them with some garlic butter – perfect for making potato pancakes or hash browns.
In summary, this recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a make-ahead side dish that’s easy to store and reheat. You won’t be disappointed with how delicious these roasted potatoes taste even when served as leftovers.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to cooking, following a recipe to the letter is not always enough to guarantee the perfect outcome. That’s why, after trying and testing this Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes recipe, I have come up with some tips and tricks to ensure that your potatoes are roasted to perfection every time.
1. Don’t overfill the Instant Pot: It’s essential that you never fill your Instant Pot beyond two-thirds of its capacity, especially when cooking potatoes, which can expand while cooking. Overloading the pot can result in unevenly cooked potatoes or even burn them.
2. Cut the potatoes evenly: To make sure that all the pieces are cooked at the same rate, make sure that you slice them evenly. Thin slices will cook faster than thicker ones, so try to keep them even for the perfect texture.
3. Coat your potatoes evenly: To achieve a crispy exterior on your potatoes, you need to coat them evenly with olive oil or butter before cooking them. This will help create a crusty layer that adds extra flavor and texture.
4. Use high-pressure settings: When pressure cooking your potatoes, make sure to use high pressure settings for quicker and more efficient cooking.
5. Quick-release pressure: Once your potatoes are cooked, do a quick release of pressure by turning the valve from sealing to venting immediately. This will prevent overcooking or mushy potatoes as it quickly releases all steam from the Instant Pot.
6. Add spices for extra flavor: While this recipe only requires salt and pepper, feel free to experiment by adding other seasonings like rosemary, garlic powder, or cayenne pepper, according to your taste preferences.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be sure to get perfectly roasted potatoes every time you use your Instant Pot!
Now, let’s have a closer look at some of the FAQ that you may have before cooking this Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes Recipe. These questions will help you understand the recipe better and make sure that you get perfect results each time you pressure cook or roast potatoes in your Instant Pot or air fryer. So, let’s delve in and get started!
Why do you soak potatoes in water before roasting?
Before cooking the potatoes, it’s important to soak them in cold water for at least an hour to get rid of the additional starch on the surface. Eliminating the starch enables the potatoes to become crispy, prevents them from burning and stops the starch from converting into sugar, which may ruin the taste.
Should you boil potatoes before roasting?
If you’re aiming for that perfectly crispy and golden-brown crust on your roasted potatoes, parboiling them beforehand is key. By partially cooking the potatoes in boiling water, the skin softens just enough to ensure that the flavorful fat you use in the roasting process can seep into every little crevice, resulting in ultimate crispiness. If you skip this step, your potatoes are likely to turn out with a less satisfying texture, with a too-tough exterior and a less flavorful interior.
Are potatoes better in instant pot or air fryer?
The cooking methods between an Instant Pot and an air fryer differ significantly. The former relies on pressure cooking to ensure quicker and more convenient food preparation, while the latter utilizes hot air to make healthier, oil-free recipes.
Why won’t my roast potatoes go crispy?
Achieving the perfect crispiness in roasted potatoes requires precise oven temperatures. The recommended temperature is 220°C or 425°F, as anything higher risks scorching the potatoes, while anything lower won’t yield the desired crispy texture.
How does Gordon Ramsay make perfect roast potatoes?
Let’s get these potatoes going by gently placing them on the piping hot tray along with some aromatic garlic and fragrant rosemary. Give them a good shake to make sure they’re well coated in the delicious oils and lay them out evenly for optimal cooking. Roast for around 40-45 minutes, flipping every 15 minutes, until you get that perfect crisp and shimmering gold hue. A final sprinkle of natural sea salt and fresh black pepper right before serving will take these bad boys to a whole new level.
In conclusion, the Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes recipe is a gamechanger for anyone who wants to make delicious roasted potatoes in less than 15 minutes. This recipe eliminates the need for a long roasting time and prevents the potatoes from getting burnt, so you can enjoy perfectly cooked and crispy potatoes every single time.
Remember to use fresh herbs like parsley, chives, and rosemary to add flavor and aroma to your dish. If you want to experiment with different types of potatoes or try different seasonings like cayenne pepper, go ahead and do it! This recipe is versatile enough to accommodate any variation you can come up with.
Finally, be sure to follow the instructions carefully and take advantage of the many features an Instant Pot has to offer. With this recipe, you’ll not only impress your guests but also satisfy your own appetite for delicious, comforting food. Give it a try and see for yourself why Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes are a must-try!
Instant Pot Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs mini red potatoes, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Set a wire rack or steamer trivet inside the bowl of a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot. Place the potatoes on top of the rack in a single layer, as best as possible. Pour in the water. Lock the lid and set the valve to seal. Pressure cook on high for 12 minutes for larger potatoes, and 8 minutes for baby potatoes. Do a quick release to remove the pressure and then carefully open the lid.
- Remove the potatoes and set aside. Discard the water and then dry the inner bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Set the machine to sauté and once hot, add the oil and butter, along with the cooked potatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the potatoes have begun to brown, about 3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, cayenne pepper and rosemary. Turn off the machine and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with chives, parsley and Parmesan cheese.