Are you a bread lover? Do you have an Instant Pot? Then this recipe is for you! Bread pudding is a classic dessert that everyone loves, but it can be time-consuming to make. That’s where your trusty Instant Pot comes in – it makes this delicious dessert quick and easy! Plus, this recipe can easily be customized to fit your tastes, whether you prefer a classic cinnamon flavor or something more unique like hot cross buns or maple bread.
I’m excited to share my instant pot bread pudding recipe with you. It’s an easy and delicious way to enjoy a comforting dessert without all the hassle. Perfect for when you need something sweet to round out your meal, impress your guests or when a craving hits out of nowhere.
With just a few ingredients that are already in your pantry and less than 20 minutes of active prep time, this recipe will become an instant favorite. So let’s get started and make our own Homemade Instant Pot Bread Pudding!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a scrumptious yet effortless dessert recipe? Look no further as this Instant Pot Bread Pudding Recipe is going to be your go-to! With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a delicious and indulgent dessert that will leave everyone satisfied.
One of the reasons why you’re going to love this bread pudding recipe is that it’s incredibly easy to make. You don’t need to be an expert baker or spend hours in the kitchen to create something delectable. All you need is an Instant Pot, a few staple ingredients, and 20 minutes of your time. Even for beginner cooks, this pudding is quick and foolproof.
But let’s talk about the star of the show: bread pudding. Why do people adore it so much? Is it the comforting taste of soft bread soaked in custard? Or the combination of cinnamon and vanilla that gives off aroma and coziness? Whatever it is, bread pudding has that extra something special that makes people devour it.
Another reason why you’re going to love this particular bread pudding recipe is its versatility. You can mix and match with different types of bread such as leftover hot cross buns, banana bread, apple bread or even French toast bread. Plus, add your take on nuts and raisins combinations for an explosion of texture in every bite.
Whether served warm or cold, with whipped cream or double cream, plain or with a drizzle of bourbon sauce or caramel syrup – this Instant Pot Bread Pudding Recipe can be matched with countless pairing options, making it a great go-to dessert for any occasion.
Lastly, if you’re looking for a low-carb version of this classic dessert, don’t worry! This recipe allows substitutions without comprising on taste – using sugar substitutes like Stevia and almond milk can cut down on excess sugar while maintaining flavor.
In summary, this Instant Pot Bread Pudding Recipe easily ticks all the boxes. It’s a dessert that can be whipped up easily, is versatile with ingredient choices, suits everyone’s palates and dietary needs, and has an indescribable taste that will have everyone coming back for seconds or thirds.
Before we start with the ingredients, let me just say that this Instant Pot Bread Pudding Recipe is going to knock your socks off! It’s easy to make and delicious, and it’s perfect for satisfying those sweet tooth cravings. You can make this comforting dessert in a snap, so go ahead and check your pantry for these essential ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 8 cups Bread Cubes (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped)
Most of these ingredients can easily be found in any grocery store. But, if you are feeling adventurous, try using other types of bread, such as Banana Bread or Apple Bread in place of the usual bread cubes. You can also add some bourbon sauce or caramel sauce to elevate the flavor even more. Go ahead and get creative with it!
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to get cooking! This recipe is really easy and straightforward. Here are the step-by-step instructions to make Instant Pot Bread Pudding for a quick dessert.
Step 1: Prepare the Bread Cubes
The first step is to prepare the bread cubes. You can use any type of bread you like – white, whole wheat, sourdough, or even hot cross buns. Cut it into small chunks and set them aside in a large bowl.
Step 2: Mix the Wet Ingredients
In another bowl, whisk together 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of half-and-half, 4 eggs yolks, 1/3 cup of light brown sugar, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt until well combined.
Step 3: Pour the Mixture Over Bread
Pour the wet mixture over the bread cubes and stir gently to make sure each piece is coated well. Let the mixture sit for at least 10 minutes so that the bread can absorb all of the liquid.
Step 4: Add Raisins and Pecans (Optional)
If you like raisins and pecans in your bread pudding, add 2/3 cups of raisins and 1/2 cup pecans to the mixture before pouring it into your Instant Pot.
Step 5: Pour Into Instant Pot Liner
Pour your bread pudding mixture into a large Instant Pot liner or heat-proof dish that will fit inside your pressure cooker.
Step 6: Add Water And Start Cooking
Add two cups of water to your Instant Pot and place the trivet inside. Place your Instant Pot liner or dish on top of the trivet. Close the lid and make sure valve is set to sealing position. Set your Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Step 7: Release the Pressure
After the cooking time is up, let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes before carefully opening the valve to release the remaining pressure.
Step 8: Enjoy!
Open the Instant Pot lid and let it cool for a little bit before serving. You can serve this bread pudding hot, warm or even cold. Drizzle some caramel sauce on top or serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy your Instant Pot Bread Pudding!
Substitutions and Variations
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients to customize your Instant Pot Bread Pudding recipe! Here are some delicious substitution and variation ideas for you to try:
– Bread: Instead of using traditional bread cubes, why not try substituting with hot cross buns, banana bread, apple bread or even French toast? These alternatives will give the pudding a unique flavor profile that’s sure to please.
– Nuts and Dried Fruits: If you don’t have pecans on hand, substitute with almonds, walnuts or even hazelnuts. Similarly, swap raisins out for dried cranberries or dates to create new texture and flavor profiles.
– Bourbon Sauce: Whip up a decadent bourbon sauce to drizzle over the top of your bread pudding. Simply mix unsalted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and bourbon into a small saucepan over medium-high heat until melted and smooth.
– Low-Carb Option: For a low-carb version of the recipe, use almond flour bread instead of traditional bread cubes and replace granulated sugar with a zero-calorie sweetener like erythritol.
No matter what substitutions or variations you make to your Instant Pot Bread Pudding recipe, always remember to stick to the fundamental cooking instructions for this easy yet delicious dessert.
Serving and Pairing
Once your instant pot bread pudding is ready, it’s time to serve and enjoy! This warm and comforting dessert can be served in a variety of ways. You can serve the pudding as is straight out of the pot, or you can take it up a notch by adding some toppings.
First, consider adding a dollop of whipped cream on top for a creamy-textured taste that cools down the hot pudding. If you’re feeling fancy, sprinkle some chopped pecans or drizzle some maple syrup to add crunch to each bite. You can also add some fresh fruits such as berries or sliced apples for a hint of tartness that contrasts well with the sweetness of the pudding.
If you’re serving this dish for a group occasion or family gathering, try pairing it with other dessert recipes such as banana bread, apple bread or french toast. For adults-only occasions, a buttery bourbon or caramel sauce drizzled over the top will add an extra richness and flavor to the mix.
As far as beverages go, you could keep things traditional and serve hot cocoa, tea or coffee. Alternatively, explore different flavors by trying out new herbal tisanes like hibiscus tea or ginger ale for an innovative twist.
Regardless of how you choose to serve your instant pot bread pudding recipe , there’s no doubt that everyone will love and appreciate its sweet and delicious taste – which tastes just as amazing (if not better!) than anything you’d find at your favorite restaurant.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you’re planning to make this Instant Pot bread pudding ahead of time, then you should know that it doesn’t lose any of its scrumptiousness when reheated. It’s even better the next day!
To store this dessert, keep it tightly covered with plastic wrap or a lid and store it in your refrigerator for up to three days. When reheating, you can do so either in the microwave or by using the Instant Pot again.
If using the microwave, simply reheat individual portions for about 20 seconds on medium heat until warm. If using the Instant Pot, place bread pudding back in the pot and heat on low pressure for about two minutes.
If you plan on freezing Instant Pot bread pudding, it will save beautifully for up to three months. However, it’s best practice not to add caramel or bourbon sauce if you want to freeze it. When storing in the freezer, make sure it’s tightly sealed with no air pockets.
Before serving after freezing, simply thaw it overnight by placing it in the fridge or defrost in the microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds at a time until warmed through. Serve warm with a delightful scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and sprinkle some pecans over them.
Remember to avoid keeping leftovers at room temperature as they will go bad very quickly. Instead, refrigerate them immediately or freeze if you plan on eating them later.
Tips for Perfect Results
Once you try this Instant Pot Bread Pudding Recipe, you’ll never want to go back to traditional ones. To make sure your bread pudding comes out delicious every time, follow these simple tips:
1. Use day-old bread or stale bread – this will ensure that the bread soaks up the custard mixture perfectly and give it a great texture.
2. Cut the bread into small cubes – the smaller the cubes, the better it will absorb the custard mixture.
3. If using add-ins like raisins or pecans, mix them into the custard mixture before adding in the bread. This helps distribute them evenly throughout the pudding.
4. Let the bread pudding cool slightly after cooking. It will be easier to cut and hold its shape when served.
5. Experiment with different types of bread – while traditional recipes typically call for white bread or French bread, try using banana bread, apple bread, or even hot cross buns for a fun twist.
6. Use high-quality ingredients – this will make all the difference in flavor and texture of your finished product.
7. Allow time for natural pressure release at the end of cooking process. It helps to keep your pudding from getting dense and gummy.
8. Serve with a delicious topping – this dish pairs well with caramel sauce, bourbon sauce or maple syrup, but feel free to experiment with your favorite dessert toppings for an indulgent twist.
By following these tips, you’re guaranteed to have a crowd-pleasing Instant Pot Bread Pudding recipe that satisfies all of your cravings for something sweet and comforting.
Now that you have prepared your Instant Pot Bread Pudding and indulged in its satisfaction, it’s time to address some of the most common questions about this recipe. From substituting ingredients to storing leftovers, I am here to guide you through any potential doubts you may have regarding this dessert. So let’s dive into the FAQ section and clear up any uncertainties together!
How does Gordon Ramsay make bread pudding?
For this recipe, you will need softened butter and some more to grease the baking dish. Apricot jam, pains au chocolat sliced to 1cm thickness, cinnamon powder, demerara sugar, and golden raisins are also included. For the liquid ingredients, you will need whole milk and double cream.
Why is my bread pudding soggy in the middle?
Do you find your bread pudding to be a bit too mushy for your liking? One common reason for this could be that it was not fully baked or that the bread used was not stale enough. To avoid this, ensure that you bake your bread pudding until it is thoroughly cooked and not wet or soggy, and take care to toast the bread thoroughly before incorporating it into the recipe.
Why is my bread pudding so watery?
One key tip for baking an excellent bread pudding is to ensure it is baked for the full duration. If it is taken out too early, the mixture may not be fully set and could end up being runny. So, make sure to be patient and allow it to cook for the necessary time.
How do you make Jamie Oliver bread and butter pudding?
To make this delectable dessert, you’ll need a combination of semi-skimmed milk, double cream, and single cream. A real vanilla pod is a must to add that distinct, sweet flavor. You’ll also need free-range eggs and caster sugar to create a smooth custard base. As for the star ingredient, six hot cross buns will provide the perfect chewy texture and unique taste. Don’t forget to spread a small amount of butter on each bun half before assembly.
In conclusion, this Instant Pot bread pudding recipe is a game-changer that will have you reconsidering the way you make desserts. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also delicious, versatile and perfect for any time of the year.
From the warm cinnamon and vanilla aromas, to the gooey texture of the bread melted in with the decadent custard mixture – this dessert is truly irresistible. With simple ingredients and an effortless recipe, anyone can achieve perfect results with minimal effort.
And the best part? You can customize this dish to your heart’s content with different types of bread, mix-ins, and toppings. So go ahead and get creative with some hot cross buns, banana bread or even apple bread.
This recipe will be a hit at any gathering or event, whether it’s a dinner party or simply a weekend treat for your family. Plus, with its low-carb options and variations on toppings like bourbon sauce or caramel bread pudding, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
So what are you waiting for? Get your Instant Pot out and try this delicious dessert for yourself. I guarantee that once you taste the rich flavors and textures of this bread pudding recipe every bite will keep you coming back for more!
Instant Pot Bread Pudding Recipe
- 12 ounces stale challah (about 8 to 10 cups) or 12 ounces brioche bread, cubed (about 8 to 10 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey (you can also use rum or apple cider)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss together the bread, raisins and pecans until evenly combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the half and half, cream, both sugars, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and butter. Pour over the bread mixture and stir until evenly combined. Transfer to a greased 7-inch round casserole or soufflé dish, pressing down firmly. Grease a piece of foil with cooking spray and cover the bread pudding tightly with the foil, greased side down.
- Place a wire trivet inside of a 6-quart or large Instant Pot and pour in 1 ½ cups of water. Carefully place the bread pudding inside, lock the lid and set the valve to seal. Pressure cook on high for 42 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before manually releasing any residual pressure. Carefully unlock the lid, lift out the bread pudding and set aside.
- Remove the trivet and pour out the water. Return the bowl to the Instant Pot and press the sauté button on low. Add the butter and allow to melt. Whisk in the sugar and cook until it has dissolved. Pour in the cream, bourbon, vanilla and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Turn off the machine. Serve the bread pudding warm by scooping it into bowls and drizzling the sauce over it.