As a chef specializing in Vietnamese and Asian cuisine, I am always looking for ways to add a little bit of spice to classic dishes. That’s why I am excited to share my Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe with you today. This dish is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, with a creamy texture that will please every palate.
If you’re tired of the same boring side dishes at your family gatherings or potlucks, this recipe will be a game-changer. By using an Instant Pot, this corn casserole is ready in just minutes, and it can also be made in the oven if you prefer.
With its rich flavor and cheesy goodness, this casserole is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner or just looking for a new way to make corn, this recipe is sure to impress your guests.
So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a side dish that will elevate any meal to a new level of deliciousness? Look no further than this Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole recipe!
Not only is this recipe incredibly easy to prepare in your electric pressure cooker, but it is also packed with tons of flavor thanks to the blend of creamy cheese, sweet corn, and spicy jalapeño peppers. Imagine biting into a deliciously cheesy casserole with bursts of spicy heat and savory goodness all in one mouthful.
This recipe is perfect for those hectic weeknights when time is tight, but you still want to serve a dish that will impress your family and guests. You can have this corn casserole ready in minutes, leaving you free to focus on other parts of the meal or simply relaxing and enjoying time with loved ones.
But don’t just take my word for it – give this Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole recipe a try today and discover for yourself why it’s sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection!
Here are the ingredients needed to prepare this savory Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole recipe:
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 oz) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8.5 oz) package cornbread mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
You’ll also need salt and black pepper to taste. If you want to add more heat to your casserole, feel free to include more jalapeños or even substitute them for a spicier pepper.
The Recipe How-To
Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe
Are you ready to impress your guests with a spicy and cheesy corn casserole? With this Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole recipe, you can make a fluffy and creamy side dish in just a few steps.
Here are the easy-to-follow steps to create this delicious corn casserole:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15 oz. can creamed corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, whole kernel corn, creamed corn, and finely chopped jalapeño peppers.
- Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese and melted butter until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sour cream and add salt and black pepper.
- Add the egg mixture to the first mixing bowl and stir everything together until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch casserole dish greased with butter or cooking spray.
- Use your Instant Pot’s SAUTE function to heat 1 cup of water.
- Place the casserole dish on top of a trivet or aluminum foil sling inside your Instant Pot.
- Cook on MANUAL mode for 25 minutes followed by a quick release of pressure once it is done.
- For extra crispy cheesy topping, broil in a preheated oven for 2-3 minutes until the top turns golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Notes & Tips
- Frozen corn may be used instead of canned corn in this recipe.
- Use diced jalapeños or pickled jalapeño peppers as a substitution for fresh jalapeño peppers.
- Non-dairy butter, vegan cheese alternatives, and nondairy sour cream can be used to make this dish vegan-friendly.
- You can also make this recipe on your crock pot or slow cooker by cooking it on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- This cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole would pair well with grilled chicken, pulled pork, or baked salmon.
Substitutions and Variations
Hang on to your chef’s hat, because this recipe is versatile enough for some exciting substitutions and variations.
For starters, if you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t sweat it. This recipe can be made in a crockpot or baked in the oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
If jalapeño peppers are too spicy for your liking, consider using green chilies instead for a milder kick. You could also opt for diced bell peppers which add a refreshing crunch and colorful hue to the dish.
If sour cream is not your thing or you’d like to lighten things up a bit, Greek yogurt is a great alternative. The tangy taste pairs well with the savory flavors of corn and cheese.
For those who prefer a creamy twist and are into experimenting with textures, cream cheese can be added to the mixing bowl for extra richness.
And if you’re feeling adventurous, try incorporating crispy bacon bits mixed into the cheesy goodness of the casserole. This would take your dish to new heights of decadence.
Additionally, swapping out various types of corn such as creamed corn, whole kernel corn or even sweet corn will bring new depths of flavor profiles to your table.
In summary, there are plenty of creative options available for people who want to put their own spin on the recipe. Whether you go classic or add something new, this cheesy jalapeno corn casserole is always sure to please.
Serving and Pairing
Welcome to the serving and pairing section of this Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe! This casserole dish is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for holidays, potlucks or any family gatherings.
This cheesy jalapeño corn casserole goes great as a side dish with grilled meats or roasted veggies. You can pair it with a fresh summer salad, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and many more.
One recommended way to serve this dish is by garnishing it with some extra chopped jalapenos and scallions on top for an extra crunch and flavor. You can also add a dollop of sour cream if you want your dish creamier.
If you are looking to make this casserole as a main course, simply add some crumbled bacon or ground beef for more protein or layer it between tortillas for a delicious cheesy jalapeno corn quesadilla.
To make this dish even more amazing, we recommend enjoying it hot straight from the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The melted cheddar cheese mixed in with the creamy sauce will leave your taste buds singing!
The Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe is not only easy to make but also an excellent addition to any meal prep plan. It’s very versatile and tasty enough to make it part of your weekly rotation!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
We all know that leftover food can be a real lifesaver on those busy weekdays. And this Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe is one dish that tastes even better the next day after it has been stored in the refrigerator. But before you pack away your delicious corn casserole, here are some tips on how to store and reheat it.
To make ahead, bake the corn casserole as instructed in section (4), let it cool down to room temperature, wrap with aluminium foil, and refrigerate. This dish can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat your leftovers, preheat your oven at 350°F or use a microwave oven. If reheating in the oven, remove the foil cover from your casserole and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. For reheating in your microwave oven, transfer an individual portion of your corn casserole into a microwave-safe plate and heat for about 1 minute or until heated through.
If you have any leftovers after reheating or just want to store them after cooking, then it’s best to transfer them into airtight containers and refrigerate them immediately. This will keep the cheesy jalapeño corn casserole fresh for up to three days.
Overall, this recipe is perfect for meal prepping as it is easy to make ahead and stores well. That way, you can always have a tasty and quick side dish ready when you need it. Enjoy!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients ready for the Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe, it’s essential to know some tips to ensure perfect results. By following these tips, you’ll have a tasty and delicious corn casserole to serve on any occasion.
Firstly, make sure to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before starting the recipe. This step is necessary as it will help the casserole to cook evenly and turn golden brown on the top.
Secondly, if you’re using frozen corn for this recipe, make sure to thaw it before adding it to the mixture. You can thaw it by placing it in a colander under running water or just let it sit out for about an hour.
Thirdly, don’t overmix the ingredients when combining them in a mixing bowl. Overmixing can create a dense and tough texture that may not be enjoyable. Instead, gently fold in the ingredients until they are combined.
Fourthly, when adding jalapeño peppers, make sure to adjust the amount based on your tolerance for spicy food. If you like your casserole with a little heat, add more jalapeños. If not, reduce the amount or leave them out altogether.
Fifthly, using an electric pressure cooker will speed up the cooking process significantly. It might be tempting to switch from an Instant Pot to a slow cooker or crock pot but avoid doing so unless you have plenty of time on your hands.
Sixthly, do not overbake the casserole as it will end up dry and tough. To ensure that your casserole is perfectly cooked through but still moist and cheesy inside, bake for approximately 30-35 minutes.
Lastly, if you want to make this casserole ahead of time or keep leftovers after dinner, wrap it tightly with foil and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. You can reheat it in the microwave or oven when ready to serve.
Following these tips will guarantee a delicious and cheesy jalapeño corn casserole that will become your go-to recipe for any occasion.
In conclusion, this Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole recipe is a crowd-pleaser that truly stands out. It’s savory, creamy, and spicy all in one delicious bite. With easy-to-find ingredients and a simple preparation process, this recipe can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere. So why not give it a try and impress your friends and family with a new tasty side dish? Whether you’re hosting a potluck dinner or looking for an easy weeknight meal, this cheesy corn casserole is sure to satisfy your cravings.
Don’t forget to experiment with different substitutions or variations to make it your own. From swapping in cream cheese or sour cream for added creaminess to tossing in some diced jalapeños for extra heat, the possibilities are endless. And if you’re feeling adventurous, try pairing this dish with some freshly grilled BBQ chicken or shrimp skewers for a complete meal.
Overall, this recipe is a winner in my book and I highly recommend giving it a go. With its delightful blend of flavors and textures, it’s sure to become a household favorite. So fire up your Instant Pot and let’s get cooking!
Instant Pot Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 2 small jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 1/2 ounces corn muffin mix
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients (except for the water) until well-combined. Pour into a greased 7-inch round soufflé dish or tall cake pan. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray and cover the dish tightly with the foil, greased side down.
- Set a wire rack or trivet inside of the inner bowl of an 8-quart or larger Instant Pot. Pour in the water and then place the casserole dish inside on top of the rack. Lock the lid and make sure the valve is set to seal. Pressure cook on high for 40 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes before manually releasing any residual steam inside.
- Carefully unlock the lid and lift up the casserole dish. Remove the foil and serve the casserole immediately.
- Tip: If you want a golden brown top, you can place the casserole under the broiler until golden brown.